Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Asian Chicken Burger Mess

Last night, we attempted an "Asian Chicken Burger" recipe. I immediately was drawn to it because the burger is topped with peanut sauce. And WE ALL KNOW how I feel about peanut sauce!!

The recipe called for putting 2 chicken breasts and five other ingredients (of which I can't remember) in a food processor. Well, my food processor is pretty small. Instead, I bought ground chicken, figuring that the end result is pretty much the same thing. Wrong!! The end result would not form into patties, it just slid off Brian's hands and gooshed in the bowl. It's already late, is there any way to salvage this?? Breadcrumbs!! I added a hearty pile of breadcrumbs to the bowl and Brian turned the mushy mix into four lovely patties for the grill. They held up during cooking, and made a pretty decent sandwich. Hooray!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have a wonderful recipe for chicken burgers.

1lb ground chicken
3/4 to 1 sleeve whole wheat ritz crackers, crushed (like breadcrumbs, it def. helps make the burgers stick together)
about 5 shakes of the McCormich herb garden seasoning
a bit of parmesan cheese
a couple squirts of mayo or miracle whip
teaspoon or so of minced garlic
1 small onion, minced

Mix it all together and make into patties and cook. They are really good! I like to have them with a slice of provolone cheese on top.