Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fresh

Did you ever notice that salad always tastes better in a restaurant? I've always said that if I could get it to be as fresh at home as say, Ruby Tuesday's salad bar, I would eat a lot more of it!

It's just Will and me for dinner tonight while Daddy works late. So I made us little cheeseburgers and frozen sweet potato fries. I had also bought a bag of coleslaw mix (just cabbage and carrots) and made the dressing according to the recipe on the bag. It was so fresh, I wanted more! Not at all wet and slimy like it can be when you buy it pre-made in the deli section of the supermarket. I'd definitely do that again.

We have been trying to be good and eat more salad with dinner. I used to be predominately a blue cheese dressing kind of girl, but lately I really like balsamic vineagrette and honey mustard. I'm also curious to sometime try to make my own dressing, I've heard that they're better-tasting than commercial brand.

Does anyone have any homemade dressing recipes that they'd like to share?

No comments: