Monday, January 19, 2009

Operation Deception....

....is a huge success!

We returned home from Philly today after a great visit with Brian's parents. We also ate a lot of junk this weekend, including donuts for breakfast twice, and an ice cream lunch on Sunday. So I was feeling pretty motivated to turn that around. All sugar for most of the day does not do a body good!

Upon returning home, I found that my veggie crisper was still pretty full with the week before's produce finds. So I turned out a batch of Sweet Potato Cranberry Muffins, and veggie pancakes. I offered Will "Chocolate Pancakes" which really are chock-full of zucchini and carrot shreds, and enough chocolate chips to cover them up. He devoured them! And talked about them for the next hour! I filled three freezer bags with the remainders and popped them in the freezer. I also had shredded carrot and zucchini left over, as well as some sweet potato puree, so I froze all of that as well. I'd say I put in about 45 minutes of effort today for several breakfasts. I can definitely do that once in a while!

No verdict on the muffins....but if Will likes them in the morning I'll post the recipe to share. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

No comments: