Thursday, September 11, 2008

Quick Dinners??

The dynamic of our household is changing again. Because of my new job responsibilities, I am back to work full-time. Despite my best efforts and writing a menu every week, I am in a bit of a rut for quick family dinners that make some leftovers for lunches. So I would like to put it out there to anyone that reads this blog: What are your go-to recipes when like is crazy?

Just leave me a comment and tell me what your family eats in a pinch when everyone's busy and there's not a lot of time to experiment in the kitchen! Thanks for your help. :)

3 comments:

Toastqueen said...

uh...
spaghetti & meatballs
tortellini & peas
frozen potstickers with peapods
frozen eggplant & spaghetti
bagel pizzas
really. we see those far too often!

Alana said...

coop31I know you hate Hamburger Helper, but it's really not bad, especially if you "spruce" it up. Bertolli dinners for two are yummy, but yeah a little pricey. Pasta and sausage with mushrooms, shrimp and linguini (it's quick as long as they've been pre-defrosted and peeled) and I love onion baked chicken, onion soup mix with breadcrumbs. Coat the chicken in mayo first (light is healthiest obviously) to keep mositure and bake for about twenty mintues at 375 or so. It's quite tasty.

adventures in rhode island said...

whenever we are really short on time, i pull out the crockpot! i try to throw in the ingredients in the morning, turn it on, and .... voila!.... dinner is ready when we get home! so, crockpot meals, definitely!