Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Smitten with These Cookies

Snow days always make me feel like baking.  It's something about being stuck in the house, and wanting to make it nice and warm.  That, and I believe treats are in order when everyone's stuck in the house for three snow days in a row and getting on each other's nerves!  (By that I mean, parenting's hard.....lol.)

This is the first Smitten Kitchen recipe that I've tried, though I've been reading their Facebook and blog posts for some time.  They call them both brownies and chocolate sugar cookies, and both descriptions are accurate.  Lots of brownie flavor, in sugar cookie form.

I don't have a lot of cookie cutters that aren't Christmas-themed, so we went with mittens, stars and ducks.   Oh, and a few Cookie Ninjas, though those guys were surprisingly fragile.   Surprisingly, I didn't have a heart-shaped cookie cutter to celebrate Valentine's Day.



Anyway, here's the recipe.  Brownie Roll-Out Cookies

I am sad to report that the kids didn't like these.  Which is really too bad for them, more for me!   I would be tempted to make them again to create ice cream sandwiches as the recipe states.  But my favorite way so far to eat them is dunking them in coffee.  I easily ate a few every day with coffee, which is a bad habit to develop.

No comments: