Monday, October 19, 2015

Itty Bitty Pies

I have fond memories of Hostess Apple pies.  You know, the sugary apple pie deliciousness that came two per waxed paper package.  (I'm pretty sure that they had blueberry and lemon pies too, but yuck!)  When I saw "hand pies" on Pinterest, I immediately thought of Hostess pies.  I think Hostess ones were fried though, and obviously not as good as fresh-made, right?

Though pie-like, I wouldn't quite call these pie.  Brian and I have been calling them "Apple Pie Cookies."  They are pretty fantastic and in a word, dangerous.  I'd make them again for sure.  Here's the recipe:  Apple Hand Pies.  I found it on Pinterest and take no claim for it.


 All of the necessary ingredients


 Refrigerated, pre-made piecrust.  This mama doesn't mess around making her own.


 Sean helping by "inspecting the biscuit cutter."


 What makes these little pies special?  A little dollop of caramel sauce in each one.


The finished product.  There WAS four on here, but Brian really wanted one.


No comments: