Friday, July 6, 2012

Not-So-Perfect Pairings

Last night's dinner was pork chops on the grill, basted in peach barbecue sauce.  The sauce was a recipe found online and not made up, and it called to be used as a dipping sauce as well.

It was not good.

First of all, the spices that Brian used on the pork were amazing.  I don't remember all of them but I'm sure he will tell me as soon as I publish this blog.  :)  We both used the dipping sauce, only it was a light dip instead of a plunge.  See, despite having an open mind, peaches and tomatoes aren't meant to go together.  I later found out that there was ginger in there too.....no no no.  The finished product was pumpkin-colored.  The worst part was the dishes, and rinsing out the blender.  The smell of hot water hitting the blender made the sauce especially pungent, and it was a while before I could get the smell out of my nose.  Chalk it up to a flop.

No comments: