Wednesday, July 4, 2012

In For A Treat

Last night's menu item at Chez Crafty Mana:  fried chicken.



I chose this because I was missing my favorite meal at the Chateau in Waltham, MA:  chicken supreme.  It's a fried chicken cutlet served with a white sauce.  Brian made it happen, only I liked his white sauce better.  Perhaps it was the paprika, I don't know.  But I am pretty excited that there was plenty of leftovers for lunch this week.

I remembered yesterday that there was a pie crust in the fridge that needed to be used up because it was going to expire soon.  I had bought a ton of peaches over the weekend so peach crumb pie sounded perfect.  I prebaked the crust and when I pulled it out of the toaster oven, um....that did not look like piecrust.  Apparently it was already bad, because it resembled a taco shell, the kind that holds a taco salad.  Ewww!  So instead it became another peach crisp.  Which was delicious, but would have been better with vanilla ice cream.  And this time the leftovers made it into the fridge, so perhaps a stop for ice cream on the way home from work tonight is in order.

No comments: