Monday, April 16, 2012

Summer Crockpot

Marathon Monday here in Massachusetts, and over 85 degrees!  (Too soon, too soon.....)  

Here's a surprise:  using a crockpot for dinner on a warm (read:  hot) day is a good idea.  It keeps the heat from your oven or stove down to a minimum.

Tonight's dinner, courtesy of Pinterest.  Honey Sesame Chicken.  

Served with white rice and steamed sugarsnap peas.

 
It was delicious!  Makes a lot of leftovers though, so I will have lunch for the next few days.  This meal would've been a great candidate for basmati rice instead of long grain white rice.  There was ample sauce to moisten basmati rice, but I just ran out of time.  I also  forgot to add the sesame seeds at the end, so I guess it was more "Honey Chicken" but oh well.  I'd definitely make this again!


1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

thank you! i had no idea what to have for dinner tomorrow, but now i do. looks delish and i loooove crockpot recipes. thanks for posting!