Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fancypants Chicken

This week's "different" recipe is Almond Crusted Chicken with Asparagus and Scallion Beurre Blanc. n Served with quinoa, which was a new thing for this family.



Sounds very fancy, yes?  It's almond chicken with a scallion cream sauce.  It's from Rachael Ray's "2-4-6-8" cookbook, which I found myself perusing over the weekend.  I don't venture into that one too often, I prefer the one with 365 30-minute meals.  (for obvious reasons)  But it came together fairly well, and we really enjoyed it.  Especially the quinoa, which Brian didn't find in the store over the weekend.  (Thanks to all my Facebook friends, for steering us to the right section!)

Three things about recipes by Rachael Ray:

1.   I'm rarely disappointed.  Just about everything I've ever made from one of her books has been really good, if not great.

2.  She is not a "light on the dishes to wash" kind of girl, you will need to run the dishwasher (if you have one) after one of her recipes.  This meal took four pots.  And I'm the one doing the dishes tonight.  (yay!!!!)

3.  You can tell on some of these recipes that there's a sous chef helping out.  For example, the sauce for this recipe is started way too early, it cooked down to dry rather quickly.  Come to think of it....the chick's probably not doing her own dishes, either!  :)


No comments: