Sunday, September 4, 2011

Local Restaurants

I was cleaning out my knitting bag this morning; organizing projects, winding yarn into cakes, putting away spare needles from previous projects and mostly, throwing out trash.  I came across a free magazine that I picked up somewhere, though I have no idea where.  It was the spring/summer edition of "Foodies of New England."

Now, I absolutely know WHY I picked it up, because I definitely consider myself a foodie!  The articles listed on the cover were certainly ones that I would find interesting:  a sushi place in Worcester that I'd like to try someday, a local farm that I have been to in the past and a feature on Bananas Foster.  All wonderful things.  But the thing that caught my eye was the list of sponsor restaurants on the back two pages.  I grabbed a pen and started checking them off, ones that Hubby and I had been to together or separately.

Of the restaurants, we have been to forty of them.  Some of them we reminisced about, remembering exactly what we had eaten.  Others weren't fond memories.  Some of them we hadn't been to in years and had forgotten existed!

Next, I circled restaurants that I would like to try someday.  (fifteen in all.)  Some of them are little hole-in-the-wall diners or pizza joints, some fancypants restaurants that would have probably been best suited B.C.  (Before Children!)  Anyway, now there's a list of places to try the next time we have Date Night or even with the kids.  Here's our list of places to try and the type of cuisine:

BABA Sushi  (sushi, duh)

The Citizen Wine Bar  (i'm not sure how to clarify this one, but it looks awesome.  I love the billboards on the highway advertising their cheese, chocolate and wine.  Sign me up!)

EVO  (again, just intrigued and not sure how to classify.  I've driven past this place a million times and am curious.)

Four Seasons  (An odd-looking place not far from the house.  It's definitely out of place in a residential neighborhood and always looks empty.  But it's been there forever.  There must be a reason why it's still around.)

Haiku  (sushi)

La Scala Restaurant (Italian)

Luciano's Cafe at Maxwell  (If this is the same Luciano's as our wedding reception, then we're in for a treat)

One Eleven Chop House (after almost ten years in this area, we have still yet to eat at this famous Worcester establishment!)

Pho Dakao (I've always wanted to try Vietnamese food.)

Plaza Azteca (Mexican or Tex-Mex, not sure.  I think this one would be kid-friendly though)

Rovezzi's Ristorante (Italian.  And from what I hear, swanky)

Takara (Japanese steakhouse)

Tortilla Sam's  (kid friendly, Tex-Mex)

The People's Kitchen

The Wexford House  (we know people who go here all the time.  It doesn't look like much from the outside, but they love it so there must be something good there!)


Reviews to come---someday!  And I hope that I find out where I got this freebie magazine, I really liked it a lot and would certainly read it again!

No comments: