Monday, February 7, 2011

Beans and Greens

Upon seeing a photo in a magazine of a broccoli, bean and pasta dish, inspiration struck.  I could do that!

  Or something like that....I have a head of broccoli on its way out, but definitely salvageable.  I parboiled that for five minutes, then tossed it with a can of small white beans, some penne, a bit of lemon juice, a package of sliced refrigerated chicken breast, a little minced garlic, dried basil  and a dash  of crushed red pepper.  The result that was yielded from my labor was a light, fresh pasta dish with just enough bite.  And, since I made a whole pot of it and I'm certainly the only one in this house that will eat it, I'm going to send some over to my parent's house this week.  Enjoy, Mom!    And Dad, don't worry, I didn't forget you, I have some sausage lasagna to go with it.  :)

No comments: