Friday, July 16, 2010

All-American Steak Fajita

As with many, many other things in our house, our Fajita Night has now been AltonBrown-ized!

He recently had an entire show dedicated to tacos.  I didn't watch it, but you know Brian did.  And if I had to guess, I'm sure that AB is totally against the little packet of seasoning that comes in a taco kit.  Or against taco kits at all.  That's ok, because I'm not crazy about them either.  That packet....not so much flavor and way too much sodium.  Recently I had just been adding diced onion and a little cumin to the meat.  However, this taco concoction rocks!  I know it's for tacos, but it really jazzes up steak fajitas. 

We used Taco Potion #19 (AB's recipe), skirt steak, onions and green/orange bell peppers.  Then for topping time:  Brian likes 'em crunchy so what's crunchy?  Leftover broccoli slaw!  It really added something.  I also put sliced avocado on mine.  Finish with some colby-jack cheese and voila!  A masterpiece!

I am so looking forward to my leftovers lunch at work today!

No comments: