Sunday, March 14, 2010

Smothered Chicken over Biscuits

Lately, I'm lovin' the crockpot.  Since I am home during the day, it's not hard to pull something off, and I really, REALLY love the way you can assemble a meal in the morning and have it ready at dinnertime, and smell it cooking all day so you look forward to it!



This is Smothered Buttermilk Chicken over Biscuits....kind of like a chicken pot pie filling with biscuits instead of piecrust.  It was awesome!  And the leftovers were even better the next day.  Some things are just better the day after you make them!

I got this out of a slow cooker cookbook by Pillsbury, the same place the Pork Loin and Sweet Potato recipe came from.  I'm floored by the cookbook selection at my local library!  And after three or four tries to find it, I found a copy of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by Julia Child when I was last there.  I've wanted to pore through this since seeing "Julie and Julia" last fall.  I brought it home and have been enthralled with it ever since.  But that's another blog post.  :)

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

That's a good recipe. I make something similar with out the buttermilk and I cook it up quick in a skillet. I love meals lately where you can combine ingredients.