Sunday, July 12, 2009

World Peace by Cake

Heat be damned....I just waited until evening when it was cooled down a little to make this Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. It's still cooling and won't be cooled down enough to cut into tonight. Or I should say, I'm exercising serious willpower not to cut into it tonight!!

I love a good coffee cake. In my mind, the smell and taste of a coffee cake, along with a cup of joe, can solve most problems. Cinnamon, pecans.....they just smell so friendly and happy. I don't bake them often but when I do they're really special. And if this honey of a cake tastes as good tomorrow as it has made my house smell tonight, then the three of us are in for a real treat!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Oh, so good!!!! I forgot to mention that I followed two of the suggestions at the bottom of the recipe. I cut the sugar from 2 cups to 1 1/2 cups and it's still sweet. (I figured with the butter and the sugar that I could cut back a little bit and it would still be good.) I also took the suggestion of coating the blueberries in flour first, so it wouldn't turn the cake purple. Worked like a charm. :)

No comments: