Sunday, August 10, 2008

Food from Friends


I volunteered to bring a meal to a new mama so she wouldn't have to cook every night while she bonds with her baby. It's kind of a neat idea that the playgroup I belong to came up with. Anyway, today was my turn so I made rigatoni with meat sauce for dinner. Yep, from a jar. I haven't been feeling well today so I was impressed that I even pulled that off, considering my own family is getting pizza from Domino's for dinner!


This is a recipe for a Fruit Pizza that I received from my friend, Jen. She moved to the Midwest last year and whenever I make it, I think of her. Well, to be fair, LOTS of things make me think of her, but she introduced this delicious dessert to me, and I made it for the mama and her family for tonight! Of course, while I was slicing it, I just HAD to keep a piece for myself! It comes together really quickly, too.


Fruit Pizza


1 pkg (18 oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened

1/3 c sugar

1 c. marshmallow fluff

Assorted sliced fresh fruit (I decorated mine with blueberries, strawberries and mandarin oranges)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Roll dough out to a circle (or as best as you can) Place dough on round baking stone (I used a thin crust pizza pan) and cook 10-20 minutes or until golden. Make sure to keep an eye on it though, because there's not much time between "golden" and "burned!" Remove from oven and cool thoroughly.


Combine cream cheese, sugar and fluff and mix well. Spread over cooled cookie. Decorate with fruit.
*TIP* Use a pizza wheel to cut the cookie into wedges, it works really well

2 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Always happy to be of service! I saw the Ikea catalog the other day and thought of you! How is that kitchen treatin' ya BTW?

Toastqueen said...

You know, I didn't volunteer for this round of cooking, and I felt bad. The new mom and I have kind of a difficult past! I will definitely help out Nicole, though!